Tuesday, June 17, 2008

4 FT. NO DIVING

Having healed enough to go in the pool, I think I will join my lovely wife in her daily dip today. It has been a very fast 6 weeks of recovery, kind of like summer vacation always was. you feel like you just got used to being home, and it's time to go to school registration. People have said to me consistently, "I bet you're getting so bored... I could never stay home like that with nothing to do." I however, seem to be doing just fine. I think I'm one of the only people I know who could just sit and think all day and not get bored.

So this afternoon I walked all the way to downtown Clarendon Hills, about 1.3 miles; the longest I've walked yet.  The whole way of course I sang this song...




It made for a nice afternoon.

I was also thinking later today about learning through pain. For a while I couldn't sit on the couch or chairs in our living room because when I came home from the hospital I tried once and it hurt quite a bit. Thus, even when I'm sure it wouldn't have hurt at all I refused to sit and sat instead in the wooden chair. Brandi as well, having just got her ears pierced, is still getting used to putting in the earrings. She had to stop herself from thinking about it in order to actually put them in.

I wonder how many harmless things we avoid because we had a painful experience one time.

No comments: